IT Networking Specialist
An IT Networking Specialist works to ensure constant connectivity in a secure and stable IT environment. The IT Networking Specialist makes sure that employees who rely on the company’s intranet can communicate with one another. Also, the IT Networking Specialist ensures that the company’s website and cloud infrastructure works at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Configuring LAN and WAN routers and all related equipment when new systems needed
- Setting up desktop computer equipment and install all network and system software, including operating systems and user software packages for new employees
- Setting up new users on LAN and/or WAN networks, provide access permissions to approved groups and configure security settings for new employees
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Analyzing all attempted or successful network security breaches daily to determine breach cause, resolve related issues and secure network to prevent future infiltration
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
- Natural affinity towards communication and creative thinking (literature, arts, linguistics, music etc)
Minimum required profile
- At least an A-Level certificate
- Good understanding of English Language
- Good at using computing systems to accomplish simple tasks
- Ready to commit at least 8 hours per work day, 40 hours per work week
Minimum required tools
- A functional laptop with internet connectivity